In these unprecedented times, speech-language pathologists are looking for ways to continue providing essential, high-quality services while access to in-person services is limited. Teletherapy is an evidence-based service delivery model that allows clients and therapists to interact in a fun and engaging way, while targeting specific speech and language goals. This interactive training will provide SLPs with essential tips and strategies that will leave them feeling confident and prepared to begin serving students and families through telepractice. Several opportunities to interact/participate with the presenter and the teletherapy activities will be provided. There will be time for questions throughout.
- 90-minute interactive workshop via Zoom for SLPs that includes technology use, material ideas, tips for managing groups, and parent coaching using the teletherapy platforms Zoom and/or Google Meet.
- 3-hour interactive workshop via Zoom for SLPs that includes time for participants to use breakout rooms in order to experiment with different teletherapy activities and features. The presenter will drop in on the breakout rooms to provide help and answer questions.
Learning Outcomes for 90-minute workshop:
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss teletherapy workspace design considerations
- Explain the ways in which one can use Zoom and Google Meet as teletherapy platforms
- Discuss different ways to engage clients in teletherapy using various digital materials (including Boom cards, interactive PDFs, digital whiteboard, News2You, and everydayspeceh.com, among others)
Learning Outcomes for 3-hour workshop:
- Discuss teletherapy workspace design and technology considerations
- Explain the ways in which one can use Zoom as a speech and language teletherapy platform
- Discuss specific ways to engage students in teletherapy using various digital materials (including Boom cards, interactive PDFs, digital whiteboard, News2You, and everydayspeceh.com, education.com, among others) to meet specific goals (in the areas of articulation, language, pragmatics)
- Implement several different strategies for working with students in small groups via teletherapy
- Discuss ways to choose and adapt appropriate materials for students with special considerations (autism, visual and auditory impairments)
- $600 for 90-minute workshop
- $1,200 for 3-hour workshop
- *Customized presentations available to fit the needs of individual districts
- $300/each additional hour of follow-up consultation with district