School District: 90-minute Interactive Teletherapy Workshop
In these unprecedented times, speech-language pathologists are looking for ways to continue providing essential, high-quality services while access to in-person services is limited. Teletherapy is an evidence-based service delivery model that allows clients and therapists to interact in a fun and engaging way, while targeting specific speech and language goals. This interactive training will provide SLPs with essential tips and strategies that will leave them feeling confident and prepared to begin serving students and families through telepractice. Several opportunities to interact/participate with the presenter and the teletherapy activities will be provided. There will be time for questions throughout.
- 90-minute interactive workshop via Zoom for SLPs that includes technology use, material ideas, tips for managing groups, and parent coaching using the teletherapy platforms Zoom and/or Google Meet.
Learning Outcomes for 90-minute workshop:
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss teletherapy workspace design considerations
- Explain the ways in which one can use Zoom and Google Meet as teletherapy platforms
- Discuss different ways to engage clients in teletherapy using various digital materials (including Boom cards, interactive PDFs, digital whiteboard, News2You, and everydayspeceh.com, among others)
- $600 for 90-minute workshop
- $300/each additional hour of follow-up consultation with district